angel no more


I have come to realise that I'm always considering the feelings of others and allowing people to 'ride over my head' unknowingly. I don't expect much from friends but only for their acceptance and friendship. But what I get in return are always bruised ego, hurtful feelings over deception, arguments with boyfriend and lots of confusion over who I should really trust. It is in my blood to be nice to people but since being nice doesn't really pay, I'm planning to change myself into a selfish brat like how everyone else is. So say goodbye to the angelic Caren.

On a lighter note, exams are finally over! This marks the end of sleepless nights and no more eruption of pimples (but I know they will be lying dormant for the time-being and sneak back out when Stress comes again). Boohoo. And without further delay, this is the starting point to the crazy 5-hour Telok Blangah Trek. We went for it although it was drizzling!

I feel so lucky to have him by my side! Alright, if you are planning to walk all the way to West Coast Park, you should see some of these landmarks and guided paths..
It was really risky taking this picture cos' we placed the camera at a seat opposite of us and the wind was so strong to the extent that boyfriend's handphone almost flew away together with the umbrella. It was a stormy day and unfortunately for us, we were stuck at this pathetic shelter (if you can even call it a shelter cos' we were drenched) for what seemed like an hour.

When the rain finally got smaller, we continued our trek amidst the dense trees, with our umbrella.

After what seemed like an hour or so, we chanced upon this park which miraculously took away the fatigue and numbness in our legs. It felt as if we have stepped into a world where fairytales come true with that misty atmosphere, Wizard of Oz characters, and colourful flowers. By the way, it's called the Hort Park.

Trying to be funny, hurhur.

This picture looked as if it was taken in the 80s - we are definitely getting old. There were no more directional signs for the trek after Hort Park and we somehow found our way to Kent Ridge Park.

It was pretty scary by then since there wasn't a single soul in the park and it was getting dark, fast. I was terrified and kept hurrying boyfriend to step up on our pace just in case some crazy maniac comes after us with a knife and we would die in the park without any eyewitnesses. Much to my dismay, at around 7pm we were still stuck in the park and stumbled upon this entrance to darkness.

This route serves as a short-cut to the science park and will subsequently guide us to West Coast Park. But looking at how horrifying the dense trees are and the overwhelming darkness if we made our way down, I was literally at the point of kneeling down and begging boyfriend not to go in there. Luckily, he acceded to my request. Around half an hour later, we found this directional sign beside an ulu canal.

We were wondering who will ever come across this last directional sign for the trek because we found it BY CHANCE. There were so many routes to choose from in Kent Ridge Park and we were walking around aimlessly all the time, hoping to catch a glimpse of the bustling road. Our trek ended at NUS because we were so wet and hungry by then. Throughout the entire trek, we got lost a couple of times due to inadequate directions plus an inaccurate map.

An advice to those who are taking this trek: choose the paths at crossroads according to your intuition. It will definitely be more accurate than the map.

1st October - Dear's 21st Birthday
We sprang a surprise for him with the poppers that Qi brought and someone almost hurt his eyes with it!

Just look at the big boy's happy face! Haa. Boyfriend and I went to have a feast at the Japanese restaurant - Tampopo. And we became the centre of attraction by ordering 8 plates of salmon sushi (one plate costs $6). The salmon was placed on a huge 'turn-around' plate, like those in chinese restaurants where they place different dishes on a glass panel. The salmon was absolutely fabulous and I was savouring every bit of it. I just can't understand why there are some who detest the raw taste of salmon when there isn't any.

24th October - Bro POP from Police Academy
I find this quite weird cos' bro said that they are not allowed to upload photos taken with family onto websites. But why are those from MINDEF doing it? Anyway, good job to bro cos' he was in the best squad or something. But this came with a heavy price of course. He had a really serious chronic cough for the past few months. Nevertheless, after attending bro's POP I realised that I haven't gone to any of boyfriend's. It was kinda nostalgic for me but I guess the only thing left for me to do is to send boyfriend off for every reservist training. Like bro, boyfriend has a price to pay for being in the elite unit i.e, side effects such as swollen feet, sprained ankle, ruptured tendon, and occasional spasms. It's horrible for him and for me when these times come. Aye.
Good luck for your IPPT next year dear, hohohohoho



We can work things out -3:44 PM
Wednesday, November 12, 2008